Nayan | WritersCafe.org

Monday, January 1, 2024

I'm just a traveller


I'm just a traveller,
Journeying through time
And space, in various vehicles,
Some offered comfort, some did not,
Some drew me in, some did not,
And I started thinking
The platform as my home!

I'm just a traveller,
On a long road to redemption
I got down for a view,
But I started fighting
With the co-travellers, coolies, and
The station master on the platform
Who came and went by each day,
But I could not see!

I'm just a traveller,
On a ride bumping through 
Mountains of rocks, and peaks of snow,
Lands of sands, and rivers of dry beds,
Where oceans and storms
Of the within and without,
In noisy chains clash, peaceless,
And I forget, that it would also not stay!

I'm just a traveller,
Stopping by the dharmshalas and dhabas,
In search of meaning to the journey itself,
That people stop judging me,
That I can stop judging myself,
And I fail to fathom the futility
Of each of our's separate globes,
Forgetting that we can't justify life!

I'm just a traveller,
On a long tale, unending it seems,
Of sun, sand, water and wind,
Where the longing for respite
From the travel, dreary an' demanding,
Pulls me close into
The loving lap of Thy love,
And I wish it were everlasting!


[My attempt at reciting this piece: https://on.soundcloud.com/Hry4w]

- nayan
monday, 01/01/2024
marol, andheri east, mumbai

(Image Courtesy:

No comments:

Post a Comment