Nayan | WritersCafe.org

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

facing my demons



for ages I have kept running
away from the devils
that reside inside
my dark interiors
of camouflaged compulsions,

for ages I have found
safe gardens where
light does not reach the bottom
to show the shit, where
no one could ever peep
and see what lies hidden,

for ages I have been
troubled inside
with turbulence and nastiness,
but I have been able to
divert attention and kept going on,

for ages I have sought
pleasure in seclusion,
time and again
allowing the cycles to repeat,
basking in the comfort,
assuming no one knows,

for ages I have seen
my legs shaking
when it needed steadiness,
for the foundations
were continuously bitten by
my inner termites,

for ages my being
is being sucked
by a black hole -
self-created and self-nurtured,
and all I did was feeling guilty
after each recurrence,

but now I have decided
to pull down all walls,
cast away all shields,
and stand there
naked under the Sun!

let the fire of a colossal star,
bigger than a thousand black holes,
burn my inner impurities,
light up the eternal pyre, and
chastity me of my hesitation and guilt!

no more now
shall I run away,
no more now
shall I hide,
no more now
shall I fear,
I am now open 
to facing all my demons!

-- nayan
Tue, 13th Oct 2020
Coimbatore

No comments:

Post a Comment