Nayan | WritersCafe.org

Monday, October 3, 2016

growing bigger


Image Source: https://twitter.com/Akif0853/status/649912363823534080



growing bigger

You like to grow richer,
I like to grow bigger!

When you keep on
gathering more and more
paper and metal and stone -
for fame on a nameplate shown!

I share my take-home
with someone who needs it more
a no one who is to my family and fond -
and in the process, I grow bigger
a little beyond than my family's bound!

Thus while you love to gather riches,
I love to gather people's smiles
and thus keep redrawing the circle
of what I call my family
bigger and bigger
with every happiness' cry!

And when the call comes,
I'll be the happy the most!
Since, nothing can you really take,
except the satisfaction that lies inside.
And nothing gives it the way it gives,
when you know you have touched
another life deep enough,
that your life own has grown richer
far more than what all the treasures can buy!

Still I say, we are no different -
You and I.
You gather the finite for the limited,
I gather the infinite for the unlimited!

And I sincerely hope
that one day your path shall 
merge into mine.
That day the little angels,
for whom my efforts aren't rare,
shall smile a little bigger,
and thank a little louder!
because you would also
that day start to care!

- Nayan
1 am (past midnight)
16th Sep 2016
Delhi
(on evernote mobile app)



My friend! Whomever you may be – I call upon you!
Please join me with some contribution to support education of rural children in India, 
whatever is possible from your end. 
It may be as little as INR 100, or in some kind.  
Even a drop of water is valuable in a world thirsty of education.
I have a campaign running at http://ket.to/bjgRuns4IshaVidhya

You can spread the word, if you feel convinced with what I have written after my personal experience. You can volunteer as well, if you wish.
Or, you can connect with me over FacebookTwitter or Google+ to know more.

Thank you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment